Thursday, August 12, 2010

Me Being Me

So, I'm not even sure I'm going to be very diligent about updating this blog, but I'll give it a try!  I'm not going to spend any time talking about my background and all that, because hopefully those of you (if any) that follow this blog already know who I am. Anyways, last night I got ANOTHER message from a friend on facebook telling me I'm always writing depressing messages. I admit that sometimes I'm a downer - but I think people misinterpret the things I say sometimes. I used to be REALLY negative, but I think I'm a lot better than I used to be. So whenever people tell me I'm negative, it's rather discouraging and upsetting, because I feel I'm much more positive than I used to be. I think sometimes people mistake my sarcastic sense of humor for negativity. My brand of humor tends to be more dark, which simply means I've learned to laugh in the face of trials in life. So, take it or leave it, but that's my view on my own personality, and I should know better than most, right?

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Self-awareness. Step one completed.

    I was actually thinking about this last night. Hopefully you don't mind if I fully expound my thoughts on your blog.

    But I was thinking about myself and how when a negative or sad thought enters my mind, part of me feels that I must give full attention to that sad thing in order to make sense of it and find reconciliation with it. So a good portion of my teenage and college years was spent tossing around negative, sad, and self-depleting thoughts.

    And then I thought about how EVERYTHING has a sad side with a concurrent BEAUTIFUL side. Everything! I really believe that. So I gave myself a challenge. That anything sad or negative that came up, I would try to find the beauty in it and focus on the happiness from that.

    It is HARD!

    Like a really hard break-up from a couple months ago... what is the beauty in that? I guess that it helps me appreciate myself more?

    Or the other day at work, I had a really frustrating phone call.... What is the beauty in that? Mmm.. I don't really know. I guess it gave me a good story for the future. Haha. I'm not very good at it yet. But I'm trying.

    Anyway, sorry to just go off on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, don't be sorry! I'm almost embarrassed you read the old posts of my blog haha, I feel like I'm such a different person now! I love how you always try to find the silver lining in everything - that's a really great way to approach trials in life. As for your break-up, it can be REALLY hard to find the silver lining sometime. Whenever I've gone through a heart-break, I try to remember that that experience helps me realize more what I want in a future eternal companion and what I don't want. What I look for in a future spouse has changed drastically over the past couple of years, and I'm glad for the experiences that have helped me realize that :). As for your phone call, I think I over-heard part of that the other day...we'll have to talk about that on Monday! I used to work in a call center, so I know what it's like to have frustrating phone calls. Anyways, thank you for all your posts! You're awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete